About Aaron Swerdlow:+1-424-239-2866
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Aaron Swerdlow enthusiastically guides emerging technology, private equity, consumer brands, and entertainment clients with transactional, M&A, employment, and other corporate law matters. His practice includes drafting and negotiating private equity, corporate structuring, licensing, and asset sale agreements. He also negotiates and drafts joint venture, finance, employment, marketing, and third-party service agreements.
He has extensive experience in negotiations and arbitrations involving contract, intellectual property, and international issues. For example, Aaron has negotiated with nearly every National Basketball Association franchise representing high-level executives and coaches. He also has negotiated across from many major media and private equity companies, assisted clients close numerous multimillion-dollar fundraising rounds, and led successful exits for privately-held companies.
Aaron is the editor-in-chief of the sports law section in Matthew Bender’s quarterly treatise, “Entertainment Industry Contracts.” He also served on The American Lawyer’s Young Lawyer Editorial Board, Law360’s Sports Editorial Advisory Board, and the LawInSport Editorial Board.
Industries Served / Practice Areas:
- Consumer Products
- Corporate Counseling
- Corporate Finance
- Commercial Transactions
- Employment and Executive Agreements
- Entertainment and Sports
- Entity Selection, Structuring and Business Advisory
- Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Licensing and Endorsements
- Outside General Counsel
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Glaser Weil Fink Howard Avchen & Shapiro LLP
- General Counsel and Managing Director for prominent NBA and NCAA coaches, and executive sports agency (acquired by CAA)
- In-house counsel for a venture-backed emerging software technology company
- Aaron is quoted and recognized for his work on complex business transactions in publications including ABC News, USA Today, The New York Times, The American Lawyer, The Sports Business Journal, Bloomberg News, Financial Times, Variety, Fox Sports, the Associated Press, and other leading outlets. He also has authored articles about the intersections of law and technology, sports business, and e-sports for publications such as Law360, VentureBeat, and the Daily Journal (California).
- Chess, rescue dogs, good coffee, and international travel
- Visiting hometown DC to spend time with family
- British spy and dystopian novels (favorite authors are Graham Greene, Cormac McCarthy, and John le Carré)